Re: [NTLK] installing pkg's in panther

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 12:40:27 PST

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:58:54 +0000, Ian Lewis wrote:
> heres where i am: i can get the newton to open up a connection through
> Newtscape but there is no response from "mac.local". this is just a
> connection between a Mac and a Newt. where am i goin wrong..?

I'm not sure, but it seems that the Newton doesn't know what to do with
"mac.local". If you open Terminal and enter ifconfig -a, it should give
you a list of network devices, and for each device the IP address after
the "inet" keyword. You could try to contact the Mac via the IP address
directly instead of "mac.local".

Paul Guyot should know more about this though, he has worked
intensively with Rendezvous (which seems to be used here).

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html