Re: [NTLK] eBay Batteries - some statistical information

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 14:59:52 PST

I hope this is useful, it's only one battery, but it shows what it is
capable of after 7 years.

-Original Newton Battery pack bought from J & K Sales as defective
-22 hours with backlight on 100%
-this time period was over three days
-Apps used
        -shopList
        -various games
        -trouble shooting serial connection
        -MPG
        -Address'
        -Hard Reset with multiple installs
        -Backing up to PC-Cards
        -Restored data from PC-Cards
        -Had 2100 on while working on custom mount in truck
-when I charged the pack it still had 17% remaining

Notes:

Friday, I left the MP on for 8 hours straight, using shopList, the serial
connection thingy, Hard Reset with the needed installs/testing,
backing-up/restoring data.

Saturday and Sunday I used it for periods of at least an hour, no more than
2 hours.

I noticed that I took the battery down to the warning level three times. I
shut the MP off and later when I turned it back on the battery level had
gone up significantly; 26%/23%/19% respectively. This seems normal when you
consider the amount of heat generated after using for an hour or two and
then set it aside to let it cool off.

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!