Re: [NTLK] Did Simon Templar use a Newton? Does Bobby Knight?, was Re: Templars was Re: newtontalk Digest V4 #124

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 09:19:03 PST

>I am just glad that I saw the original "Italian Job" with
>Marky Mark. What, there was an original with with Michael Kane?! My
>goodness, I have a lot of reading to do.

Not only did the original (1969) have Michael Kane, it also had Benny Hill,
Noel Coward, and Rossano Brazzi. With a soundtrack by Quincy Jones. They
trash a Lamborgini Mura, an E-type Jag, and an Aston-Martin. Then the movie
begins. There are no great chase scenes in the new "Job" whereas the old
"Job" has to be held up as one of the great chase movies of all time. (Gone
in 60 seconds my butt, try that while eating a chicken leg!)

The old Job has humor, cars, and camp. The new Job has guns and people
getting killed.

Andrei

1962 Morris Traveller w/ 1275 Cooper 'S engine and brakes
1997 Volvo 850
1999 VW Golf