Re: [NTLK] NewtSync and iCal

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 12:41:10 PST

Quoting bettyy_at_earthlink.net:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I think that a few of these are known deficiencies in the program so I
> guess I should have qualified my remark that it worked perfectly. As far
> as I know, the companies, repeating meetings and events weren't written in
> and I don't think I've seen anyone post any plug-ins to address this.
>
> All the expected names are transferring with the fields that I'm expecting
> to see. All my meetings are transferring with the correct times.
>
> In my case, my syncing is one way. I only enter data into the Newton then
> it gets sent to my Mac. So with these constraints, it's working for me.

Oh, darn. Had my hopes up.

I also only need one-way synching, but even for that, these constraints are
pretty significant to me. But the one-hour offset bug is the worst problem,
because it results in incorrect data rather than just missing data. I wonder
why it's working OK for you. Did you check meeting times falling with the
Daylight Saving Time period (assuming you have that where you live)? I think
for me that's where the bug shows up.

Maybe I should volunteer to go over to John Anderson's house and do his dishes
or something so he can devote more time to completing this great app? :)

Michael