Re: [NTLK] [ANN] SpeedBump Beta (Racing Game)

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 05:18:52 PST

Daedalus

Fun game. Well done.

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net]On Behalf Of Daedalus
Sent: Saturday, 28 February 2004 7:28 p.m.
To: Newtontalk
Subject: Re: [NTLK] [ANN] SpeedBump Beta (Racing Game)

Thanks for the support guys!

By the way, I've fixed the .pkg download so that it will now download
directly onto a Newton device from the web (at least it works for me
using NetHopper). Sorry it was giving you problems earlier, Robert.

Besides fonts and NewtonBooks, SpeedBump was my first attempt at building
a Newton application, and believe it or not has been in various
functional and nonfunctional states since 1998!! Back then I never got
it to work in a "polished" enough fashion to even consider giving it out
to people.

At any rate, a little over a year ago, I decided it was time to either
get it done or forget about it completely. I decided that I don't like
to leave a project (even an old project) unfinished, so over the past
year I've been working away at it in my almost nonexistant free time (in
between NewtGreek, the NewtonBooks, and the rest of my normal life).

It's not quite done to the extent I wanted it to be, but it's close
enough that I thought I shouldn't delay getting it out to people.
Anyways, February has been so awash in Newton gaming news, I thought I'd
just add to the fun!

Daedalus
http://www.digitalinkwell.net/