Re: [NTLK] AVAYA PC CARD SILVER WIFI

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:00:47 PST

On Jan 3, 2004, at 7:55 AM, Winston wrote:

> hello. Doppler. Didn't someone say, in this thread, that one needed to
> use an earlier Mac OS to get the card, titled in this thread, to work?
> I have always used the latest OS release, but I am wondering if
> different OSs CAN be installed at the same time. You did start with a
> -no-, is that still the answer?. Even on a partition?

The original thread was regarding the powerbook 5300, which is never
going to get near to OSX. (netbsd perhaps)

8.6 will work fine on a system with OSX installed as long as it resides
on it's own partition, and you understand you will not be able to use
it from classic. Oh, and the machine needs to be old enough to actually
support 8.6...

My recollection is that were certainly versions of the
Wavelan/Lucent/Orinoco/Avaya drivers for OSs 7.55-9 provided by Lucent.

Although there was a bug in one version of the driver that broke
support for the PB5300 and PB1400.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html