Re: [NTLK] Earthlink SMTP Settings?

From: Ronald Uphoff (rauphoff_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 05:07:03 PST

I have had trouble from time to time connecting to Earthlink with my
Newton. The trouble seems to be related to the access number. The
number I had used at home for my Mac did not work for my Newton (or my
Airport). I emailed Earthlink customer support about the problem, and
they sent me a non-published number to use. The new number worked for
my Newt but not for my Airport.
The number I use where we vacation works for my Newt and Airport. I
don't know how many times I checked and reset the settings on my Newt
and Airport before I discovered differences in access numbers. Does
anyone have some insight to offer?

Ron Uphoff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html