[NTLK] Interesting more info find

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 17:26:17 PST

Hi all,
I have just made a interesting discovery regarding More Info. You probably
know that when you hit snooze for a alarm it keeps it puts the alarm in the
"star" at the top of the screen. And if you reset you will notice that the
items are still there, which means it saves those alarms to a soup
somewhere.

Well I always thought that those items would be saved to the card if you had
the "save all info to this card" box checked. And I (among others on the
list) perfer to save to cards with a 2000 since the memory is Fash based and
therefore can wear out, and replacing cards is easier than replacing memory
chips of the Newt. Well I did some digging and found that More Info stores
those snoozed alarms to a soup called Notify Actions. But this is where it
gets interesting, it automatcially saves to the internal store no matter
what store you have selected to save new items to. AND if you move it to a
card, More Info no longer sees the items in the soup, move them back and
More Info sees them again.

So in short every time you hit the snooze, you are writing to the internal
(flash) memory. I for one am no longer going to use the snooze buttion and
may go back to dateman. A shame too since I really like the way snooze
works in More Info (as well as the alarms etc), it really suprises me that
they would let this slip through. I know that several people on the list
uses this program so I thought I would mention this.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html