Re: [NTLK] [Slightly OT] Eight Biggest Tech Flops Ever

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 12:39:25 PST

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:13:18PM +0100, Karel Jansens_oud wrote:
> "the now-defunct third mouse button"! Well, that actually figures:
> Dvorak is too intellectually challenged to have ever heard of the X
> Windowing System, let alone actually have used it.

Many people don't seem to realize either that the third is tucked
away under their scrollwheel.

> NeXT computer "a monument to hubris"? Puuhhhlease, NeXT boxes worked
> very well, and compared to today's hardware requirments, they were
> actually lean 'n mean machines.

I have about 10 in my office now. 8 Turbos, a Dimension, and an
original Cube. Considering that Apple took a number of ideas from
NeXT designs (as well as the OS), I don't see how anyone could complain.
Well, except some of the early adopters :)

> I'm sorry, I have to stop now; I think I'm popping a vain...

Don't worry. You're among friends here.

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html