Re: [NTLK] ViewFrame - can it modify newtonscript?

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 13:38:52 PST

> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:10:11 +0100 (CET)
> From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Eric=20Engle?= <engleerica_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] ViewFrame - can it modify newtonscript?
>
> I know that I can use viewframe to read soups and newtonscript. But
> can one use
> viewframe to edit newtonscript? How?

I don't recall how much scripting you can do via ViewFrame.

> Basically, the newts "DOM", i.e. the slot architecture, is keeping me
> from
> understanding newton programming. I think hacking around using
> viewframe and
> some newtonscript compiler would be the best way to learn how 'slots
> work....
>
> Ideas?

other options include: using NTK Inspector from desktop

or NDE (Newt Development Environment) on Newton
   http://home.comcast.net/~saweyer/index.html#NewtDevEnv

or there are probably several more NewtonScript tools under the FAQ's
development section.

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/