Re: [NTLK] macworld 04 pix

From: Peter Fraser (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 08:54:06 PST

glad you're enjoying the pix.

well, this is always so subjective, but there's a feel to it when it's in your hand that is just...right...and that instills desire to own one. i held the regular and mini ipods simultaneously in each hand and the difference is more extreme than you'd think by reading the specs alone.

my guess is that kids and hipsters will jump all over these. i mean, how many folks buy expensive phones that they don't really need, because they're cool? and these are definitely cool. many of the apple blackshirts are walking around with them strapped to their biceps, which emphasizes the lightness and smallness as well, and shows how the runners and bikers will probably want them too.

yeah, i'd probably also go for the 15gb at $300, because i'm more practical than hip.

but if my daughter is any indication of the american market, i thinks this will be a happening item. when i tried to hand her the larger white one to compare weight she gave me the old brushback!

cheers,

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html