Re: [NTLK] OQO lives! (Maybe)

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2004 - 09:23:41 PST

>From: John Charlton <johncharlton_at_mac.com>
>Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 22:48:35 -0500
>
>According to The Register OQO Inc. is at the Consumer Electronics Show,
>and it may be released later this year. But we've heard *that* before.
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/34803.html
>http://www.oqo.com/hardware/basics/
>And to think we could have had this (and better) years ago...

I don't know what to say. I mean, the idea is excellent, this is exactly the kind of device I would like to have. But.
-> I do not want it to run XP. This alone is the perfect showstopper.
-> I doubt that pen operation will be satisfying, seing that this is not even a Tablet OS, but just desktop XP. Showstopper.
-> AFAIU the pen is proprietary.
-> I did not find any information regarding battery life.

This could have been something, really, but I think the result is... well, just a small tablet sans a pen orientated interface.

Oliver :/

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html