Re: [NTLK] Two power-hungry cards in 2x00

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 06:58:10 PST

> Are there any cards we should be concerned with?

Certainly, but I don't know which. The poor owner of
the Newton I mentioned in my last post had a WLAN and
a phone card installed. The Newton in question worked
like a charm for three weeks and gave up the ghost the
very day both cards were in the Newton at the same time.
I have started writing a small application that will
sample the total current consumption a couple of times
a second and pop up a warning if it gets too high.
If someone could think of a nice icon for the Extras
drawer (black and white or 16 shades or grey, about 30
by 30 pixels), this will speed things up. I'm also open
for suggestions as for the package name. So far I've been
thinking of CurWatch.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html