[NTLK] Matt Spolin = Landware?, MusicPad questions (was Where can I find MusicPad for MP 120?)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 10:02:18 PST

>From: "Wang, Lorraine" <Lorraine.Wang_at_latimes.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] Where can I find MusicPad for MP 120?
>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:09:42 -0800
>
>Hi, does anyone know where I can get the full version of MusicPad for the
>Newton 2.0 os? the landware site seems to be out of commission.

It has been brought to my attention that the creator of MusicPad is the
very same elusive person who already brought us the extremely cool
ScratchPad 2.0, Matt Spolin. And according to the Readme he wanted to
implement MIDI, but apparently never did (or it never hit the market).
    I wonder if Matt could be reached through Landware. Any of the old
hands - was he working for Landware, was he Mr. Landware, or does it appear
as if LW just handled distro for him? I'd still like to get in touch with
him regarding his audio apps.

    Say, MusicPad - is there any way to change instruments? If one could
make it play percussive stuff, we'd at long last have a DrumPad that could
be nicely programmed and store rhythm patterns (e.g. MusicPad meets Francis
Preve's NR404). THAT would be seriously something that'd get me into buying
MP130s until one survives my attempts to implant a line-out to it! ;=}

That plus programmable live buttons for effects like in Scratchpad, and as
extra a good, cool Midi/.kar-player. Boy, would that be great!

Cheers,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html