Re: [NTLK] X

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 11:19:34 PST

On Jan 11, 2004, at 10:06 AM, Woody Smith wrote:

> Hi Thomas
> There was recently a thread related to your question. See
> <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2004-01/0128.html>
> Use link at bottom of this page to access FAQ, archives, etc.
> Package fixer for OS X is "Packager" available at UNNA.

You don't need any package fixer for OSX, unless you are using classic
or I misunderstand what this is about?

OSX recognizes files based strictly on there 3 letter file extensions,
so the PKG extension used by Newton packages is also already in use by
OSX installer packages.

However simply using the finder Get info window to change the open with
option to the correct program (probably your package installer) should
resolve this on a per package basis.

The other thing we could do that is kind of crazy is that we could pick
a different file extensions for Newton packages, which would allow OSX
to properly default for this new extensions.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html