[NTLK] OT: Windows laptop with AirPort possible?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 14:36:11 PST

>Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:35:31 -0500
>From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>

>The laptop comes
>with a control panel named "TrueMobile 1300 Client Utility". This control
>panel lets me see and connect to network. I can see my ABS name and
>configure it. Still, no network connection.

Hm, if the Dell sees it... can you truly configure the APBS from it? I mean not just the Dell's config for that AP, but the APBS itself? If not, do you possibly have the APBS set to restrict access to certain MACs and did not include the TrueMobile 1300's MAC? This is just a guess, as you should not be able to see the APBS for more than half a second if your MAC is not listed.

>The very intuitive system reports "Wireless: no network cable plugged".

Wow, that is of "No keyboard detected, press F10" quality! Love that!

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html