Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: Robert Masters (rdm_at_enfield.lympago.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 12:36:41 PST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:12:22AM -0500, David Deranian wrote:
> Here's a quick question for some of you more seasoned Newton users. How
> many of you use your Newton in public places like a retail store? For
> instance, how many of you pull out your Newton in a store to log a
> purchase into PocketMoney while you're still standing at the checkout
> counter? And if you don't do that because it's inconvenient or too
> "geek-like", what strategy do you use for entering data into your
> Newton on a daily basis? Do you save up your receipts in paper form,
> then enter them into your Newton at the end of the day? Or do you wait
> until the end of the week?

Hmmm...does wandering around with your Newt out, checking off your
shopping list count? Howabout duping a recipe checklist to said shopping
list to make sure things are not missed out? Reading eBooks while in the
blood clinic? Playing Settlers while waiting for take-away to be
prepared? Using a plan drawn up on your Newt to explain to Mr Hardware
Guy what you are after?

^_^

-R

--
Rob Masters                                                     |PARC- Model /\
"I spy, with my little eye, something that's about to be-"      |Rocketry    ||