Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 16:12:13 PST

David,

> Just curious how other folks integrate their Newton into their
> day-to-day routine out on the street.

Oh, all over the place. I tend not to think as clearly "in the field" as I
do when at home so I have lists and reminders so I don't forget all the
details.

For instance, a few days ago I traded my old SLR system for another digicam
and I had a copy of the inventory I was trading in, reminders to get a tax
receipt, a list of accessories I wanted for the new cam and a couple of
questions I wanted to ask, all compiled over the course of the previous
week.

I just know I would have forgotten something had I not used the Newt in the
shop.

While the initial impresssion might be that's it a bit nerdy, it soon
becomes obvious that I'm serious and organised and like many have mentioned
here before, observers get sucked into asking about the Newt and being
suprised by its abilities without you making any invitation.

I never find that a chore after all these years.

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html