Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 18:36:34 PST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:12:22AM -0500, David Deranian wrote:
> Hi Everyone-
>
> Here's a quick question for some of you more seasoned Newton users. How
> many of you use your Newton in public places like a retail store? For
> instance, how many of you pull out your Newton in a store to log a
> purchase into PocketMoney while you're still standing at the checkout
> counter?

All the time.... I don't use Pocket Money, but checklists of things to
buy and lists of books to purchase, or brand names to find, or any of
dozens of other list and detail collections of information are shopping
related. I've got zero qualms about using the Newt in public places.

--
10. I will not interrogate my enemies in the inner sanctum -- a small hotel
    well outside my borders will work just as well.