Re: [NTLK] Internet Setup, Protocol <Unknown> Yikes, help!

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 19:33:23 PST

<snip>
When I look in the Internet setup, my earthlink setup now shows "unknown
connection type" and when I open it, it has Protocol: <Unknown>, even if I
change it to PPP, it still shows unknown. On a related note, for the login
script it says a script editor was not found. What's up???

I reinstalled NIE 2.0 but still no good...Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hmm could it be you installed NIE 2.1? I know that when you install 2.1 it
makes changes that makes NIE 2.0 no longer compatable. I would suggest
totally removing NIE, then remove all the soups assocated with it (DNS
cache, PAX data (not 100% sure on this one), LinkSetups). Then reinstall
NIE 2.0 and see if it works then.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html