Re: [NTLK] .sit files, how do you install them?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 23:20:42 PST

>From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
>Date: Thursday, January 15, 2004 1:57 AM
>
>on 1/14/04 10:20 PM, Newtopia at MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net wrote:
>
>> Is stuffIT a perennial favorite of Mac addicts or am I just to
>> engrained with PKZip? I might be showing my Windows background?!?
>
>WoW!!! Does _that_ sentence make me feel old! I never thought of PKZip
>as being a _Windows_ app! I thought it was a DOS app!

*g* I remember being about ...twelve?... thirteen?... years old when first encountering PKZip at my dad's office, someone was doing a lot of whoohoo about unpacking an archive that was spread over *four* (_whow_) 1,44 Diskettes. I was most impressed about the possibilities, but in the back of my head there was a nagging little voice screaming "the interface truely sucks!". IIRC I had an AMIGA at that time but was about to be converted to 486 under pressure of Wolfenstein 3D. Oh had I we just listened to our families friend the broker in '89 to get me a Mac firsthand...

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html