Re: [NTLK] Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong

From: Lallang_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 01:29:20 PST

In a message dated 1/16/04 01:57:12, glen_at_swanson.dk writes:

> Right, you may need an adaptor, but the power brick can handle from 100
> to 240 volts and 50-60 Hz. In my definition of SE Asia I was thinking
> more of Indochina. I see some devices I have from Singapore do have
> those huge, British like plugs you refer to.

Actually, you *MUST* have an adapter: While it's true that the Newton power
brick will handle 220V, the two flat pins of an American plug or the two
round pins of a European style plug won't fit into the sockets in the wall. I
was just back there last August/September and tried it. No go.

=====Message ends========
"lallang" is the Malay term for elephant grass that has silicate (and thus
razor-sharp) edges. Known in the USA as "cogon grass". Click on or cut and paste
this into your browser: http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/imcy1.htm to see
a picture.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html