Re: [NTLK] How to secure data? (was Re: Newton Geek Factor)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 12:24:07 PST

ha! right! we can't even get a case made out of
aluminum or even clear acrylic...one made out of
semtex will never even get beyond the design stage!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Andrew Beals <bandy_at_cinnamon.com> wrote:

> tech_ed_at_yahoo.com said:
> > Nah...I'm working on a security solution I saw in
> a James Bond movie once.
> > Basically, if the password is entered wrong more
> than twice, or any of the
> > ram cards are removed while the login screen is
> active...the Newton blows up!
> > But it's really hard now, with Homeland Security
> and code orange, to get any
> > appreciable amount of Cemtech. And most other
> incindiary products are too
> > bulky to fit comfortably in a Newt...;-) Ed
> web/gadget guru
>
> Ok, so you make the case out of semtex, then use a
> modified lithium-cell
> battery pack which provides the catalyst explosion
> to set off the primary
> explosive.

=====
"The only way to get real privacy, is not to collect the information in the first place."
   'Aviel D. Rubin, the
   technical director of the Information Security Institute at Johns
   Hopkins University on the requirement that GPS location systems be added
   to "Fast-pass/EZ-pass" in-car toll devices.