Re: [NTLK] [OT] What is a Metro-sexual (was: What the heck's a man-bag?)

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 21:03:50 PST

Metro-sexual...
You've most likely seen them everywhere.
These are men who are primarily poseurs, in that they
themselves have little or no individual identity and
survive by extending their existance on the adoption
of extreme grooming. They can be identified by their
extreme "beauty". One good indicator of a Metro-sexual
is if he is walking with his girlfriend, or amoungst a
crowd of girls, who any of which could be beauty-queen
winners themselves, is the most good-looking,
attractive person in the group. The Metro-sexual
stands out amoung normal men by being the most
beautiful man a man can be. Another way to identify a
Metro-sexual is to look at his cosmetics. If he has
more skin care, mouth care, or grooming items to the
extreme, then he is a Metro-sexual. Most Metro-sexuals
are so beautiful, they are mistaken to be homosexual
males. The proliferation of the show "Queer eye for
the straight guy" has as it's main concern, to convert
all men to Metro-sexuals. Metro-sexuals use their
extreme good looks to pose for underwear ads in
magazines like Stuff or Maxim, or pose for men's
cologne for "Curve" or "Polo". Most Metro-sexuals also
wear Watches by Fossil and usually have several
different versions of the brand.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> on 1/16/04 11:20 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > You also see Metro-sexuals carrying
>
> What's this??? This is the second time I've seen
> this word, and both times
> today. The first time on NYT's web site, and now,
> Ed, you use it? What's
> "metro-sexual" mean??? Strange word...
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>

=====
"The only way to get real privacy, is not to collect the information in the first place."
   'Aviel D. Rubin, the
   technical director of the Information Security Institute at Johns
   Hopkins University on the requirement that GPS location systems be added
   to "Fast-pass/EZ-pass" in-car toll devices.