Re: [NTLK] Canadian copyright tax

From: Vaguely Radio (vradio_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 17:02:58 PST

On the subject of web interface, can I just add in regards to signing
up for the Newton list - I tried a few times to sign up for the list to
no avail. It appears now that the problem was with Safari - I
foolishly (?) didn't try it with an alternate browser. Not sure if
this is documented, but it might be worth throwing in there so that
other potential newbies don't meet with the same difficulty in signing
up that I did.

On the subject of list etiquette - I've been reading the archives
pretty exhaustively (see above in re: my inability to get the list via
email!) and also will add to the voices that say they have no problem
with the occasional (and quite entertaining) scuffles between Ferdi and
Woo. I have no interest in poutine, but I just skip those posts. My
friendly advice is the same as others have posted, actually, which is
just to filter the signal from the noise yourself and if a post doesn't
interest you, simply skip it, it's only a few extra kilobytes of mail
messages here and there, and in the long run it's much easier than
making waves trying to hammer the square peg of the list into the round
hole you think it should fit in...

No offense intended -
D.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html