Re: [NTLK] [OT] iChat 1.0 revert problems?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 23:16:25 PST

on 1/18/04 7:00 PM, Anil at anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com wrote:

> Hi there, I maybe a Newton newbie but I am definitely not a Mac newbie,
> so here goes. Every LaserWriter Apple has made is supported by Panther,
> so don't throw out your printer! It will work great and set-up is a
> total breeze, and goes something like this. Plug in printer, select
> model in Print centre, and errmm.. Just print.
>
> Contact me off list if you would like a cheap copy of Panther.

Yeah, thinking about it. A postscript printer is a postscript printer, so,
even if they did remove the ppd files for your particular printer, you
should still be able to print to it using a generica driver... However, the
original post scared me for a moment... I have a IIg, and it also is only
about halfway through its life--going strong... Printing from our household
network... I would hate to lose it! :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland