[NTLK] Reunions and history, was: Memory Cards

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 09:57:38 PST

At 12:35 PM 1/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>As a matter of fact, it is the 32032 Rick Rodman. How's it going?

Very well, I'm doing embedded programming using Motorola 68332s (I didn't
fall too far from the tree). I still have my 320[16,32] designer kits at
home and one of these days... I must say that reading the data books for
the memory management unit of that chipset filled in a lot of the concepts
that I learned in university.

>I guess I got sidetracked from writing my own OS. From using a Newton
>I got hooked on the Mac, and I really like Mac OS X. Hope to get a G5
>soon.

I got hooked on Newtons back in '93. A boss of mine saw an article in BYTE
and we managed to get involved in some pre-production application
development using a Quadra 840AV and an Armistice board.

Later I worked for a medical device developer where we used Newts to
control our device through the IR port. It was developed on windoze though.

One of these days I would love to get one of those half basketballs with
the display on a stick. It's been a long time since I have been able to
work with a real operating system and Microsquish doesn't seem to be going
in any good directions.

Andrei

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html