Re: [NTLK] Wooo Hooooo - Just received my WLI-PCM-L11GP-PC

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 11:56:49 PST

Hi Paul,

The card I have should only support 40/68 bit the next one up is the
Gold card which is identical to my card only difference being that it
supports 128 bit WEP. But thanks to the web there is a way of turning
on 128 bit WEP on the Wavelan Silver, which is why it works just fine
with my base station. So in theory I now have a Gold card.

More info on how to upgrade the WaveLan cards can be found here:
http://www.paris-sansfil.fr/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldMacEn

I will have a look for a card like your is you can get it working with
WEP, I don't want to use my Newton wirelessly unless I have some sort
of security, no matter how crack-able it may be, better than nothing.

kind regards

Anil.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html