Re: [NTLK] Wooo Hooooo - Just received my WLI-PCM-L11GP-PC

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 07:26:39 PST

on 1/19/04 11:05 PM, Newtopia at MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net wrote:

> This would really put some hornets in my bonnet if true.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul Curtis
> MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
> Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

I am not sure if this has been answered definitely yet, because it seems
this thread is spread out... But, you can stop trying to load and use NIE 2
on your 130. It won't even load... I tried that when I got my 2100, and
hoped to copy the files over, but I couldn't even do that... In the end, I
discovered that I could use IR to transport the necessary packages, but then
again, I was on a Mac PowerBook with IR, and running OS 9, so it was really
very easy... I don't know how this could be done otherwise.

I wish it were possible to create a package for the Newt that would work
like those ones for Macs, where they spoof a certain computer, enabling the
install of System software on models not originally designed for it...

So, on the Newton, you could convince the package when it's installed that
it's actually residing on a 2100 when, in fact, it's residing on a 130... It
would be even nicer if you could install packages in a frozen state... But
then again, I'm just dreaming here....

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland