[NTLK] Newton WiFi w/ Lucent

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 15:49:01 PST

Got another question
I just picked up a Lucent card, the WaveLAN Silver Turbo, after reading
positive things about it online at a few sites. I downloaded the driver
for it from Driver Labo, installed it and everything, but still not
having much luck using it.

I've been to NewtEnlightenment to find out more, but still not getting
anything going.

So you know what I'm trying to get things going with:

I've got an 800 MHz iBook running 10.2.8, with an Airport card
installed; I've got NewtSync v0.3m, and the old NCU package.
I've got a NetGear wireless router for internet & home network - wanted
an Airport Base, but the NetGear was a lot cheaper and has four
ethernet ports, which I needed for the home network. And as I said,
I've got a Newton 2100 running the last NOS, with a Lucent Silver in
one slot and a 30 Meg storage card in the other.

As far as I can tell, I've got all the stuff I should need to get
things happening, but can't hook up. Any suggestions? I'd like to be
able to link my Newton to the network via the router, but I'd be happy
to just be able to dock and sync with my iBook.

Thanks

--
File not found. I'll load something *I* think is interesting.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html