Re: [NTLK] Interesting observation on Newton books

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 16:57:17 PST

>> So, does this mean that the Newt holds book marks
>> automatically for ALL books?
>
>No, it holds a bookmark for the reader. If you had opened another book
>with the same reader (can't for the life of me think of the name of it),
>it would have lost your place, unless, I think, you had manually marked
>the page yourself. Anyone have a better explanation?
>
>-Nate

Yes I do. :) Actually it stores it all in a separate soup called
"Library". It is not visible unless you use a soup editor. And it stores
the following for every book you have ever read with that Newt: Bookmarks,
last viewed page, ISBN number, inkmarks, weather the book is present on the
stores, etc. The only time one of these entries might disappear is you do
it manually with a soup editor or if you happen to install a book with the
same ISBN number and it it was made into a package on the same date as the
previous book, which in this case will overwrite the previous entry.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html