Re: [NTLK] Interesting observation on Newton books

From: Steve Weyer (saweyer_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 02:31:20 PST

> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:42:27 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Interesting observation on Newton books

> So, does this mean that the Newt holds book marks
> automatically for ALL books? And if I delete the book,
> will the bookmarks for the book be deleted also? Or
> will I need to go through the soup eventually and
> manually remove these other book entries?

hi Ed,

as I recall, Newton does save last page read, bookmarks, annotations,
etc. for a set of installed books. you can see which ones via:
    GetRoot().Copperfield:getOfflineBooks()

with NOS 2.1, I think Apple introduced a bug where the set grows
indefinitely.
(Newt's Cape automatically trims the list to last 20 books viewed.)

Steve
weyer_at_kagi.com
http://communicrossings.com/

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html