Re: [NTLK] Newton restarting sporadically

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 16:02:53 PST

That's the weird part - there is no message. Apart from the boxes
indicating that it is loading in the files from the storage card, and
recognizing the modem card. No message saying "Your Newton restarted
because xxx." Not batteries, not the reset switch, not an error, not
because it was upset.
And no, it's not turning itself off after a while - it's turning itself
on after a while. That's the thing. Usually as a reset (I pumped up the
volume so I could hear the chimes when it happens), but sometimes it
also goes thru a straight startup. I couldn't tell you how often that
happens, as there's no sound, but I have caught it a few times, being
on when I didn't turn it on.

Almost as if it has a mind of its own. Maybe I should write a horror
novel - sort of a "Christine II - the Possessed PDA"

Given what makes it onto the screen these days, I think it could work.
And if not, there's always the Sci Fi Channel... :-)

--
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know...
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html