[NTLK] Newton stuff

From: Keyes Kurt (kkeyes_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 16:43:08 PST

Hello Roman.

I was wondering if you could help me out a little with my Newton
issues? I don't quite understand this mailing list thing.

I just got into Newtons. I have a 2100, a Lucent wavelan Silver Turbo,
serial cable, and OS 9.1 and 10.3 Macs.

I have gotten as far as getting the Newton talking to the OS 9 machine
via Appletalk/serial cable and the NCU. I have installed a few
packages like Avi's backdrop and a Spellchecker. That is it.

I have downloaded the drivers for the wireless card, but don't know
what to do now. The Newton gives me the error that the card is not
compatible. I am stuck.

Basically, I want to get this Newton synced up with both machines
somehow. I do not have the USB-serial adapter to hook it up to the OS
X machine, so is it possible to set up a wireless network between the
two and transfer files/sync with Address Book and iCal that way?

I also want to browse the web with it, via the Lucent card.

Can you help me out?

Thanks so much,

Kurt

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html