Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth and 802.11b coexistence

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 11:35:50 PST

On 22 jan 2004, at 20.26, M Stocker wrote:

> There may be some coexistence problems, unless the two device are
> designed
> to work together (i.e., same vendor).
>
> I would at least expect some degradation in throughput of one or both.

well, so are DECT phones and microwave ovens.

my experience is that the transfer speed will be slower (in the worst
case), but i dont think it will effect the newton that much, really.
normally BT is quite OK in WLAN networks. WLAN can make your DECT phone
hickup if youre into some serious file transfers at the same time.

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html