Re: [NTLK] More on the weird resets

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 18:37:39 PST

on 22/01/04 21:25, Bret Feinblatt at bafein_at_mac.com wrote:

> Okay, I mentioned before that my 2100 is doing resets while not even on
> for no apparent reason. It now appears to be doing that when plugged in
> and on - for no apparent reason.
> The message it gives me is that the Newton restarted because the
> batteries were changed, but of course they haven't been.
>
> Also, it seemed to do it after physical actions - inserting the stylus,
> grabbing it by the top portion, etc.
>
> To my non-expert mind, that suggests something with the power switch.
> Does this sound right? And if so, what would be the best solution?

Some solder or wire has become loose inside...

-Laurent.

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a
program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the
`reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover
believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is
already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is
not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies
are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or
execution speed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html