Re: [NTLK] Problem with WiFi

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 19:21:44 PST

Hi Brian,

I am unsure whether or not to try and get 128 bit WEP working, I have
read that 40/68 bit WEP isn't worth the hassle, but doesn't 128 bit
give you some security that is harder to crack, but not impossible.

Does turning WEP off mean anyone can join my network and start helping
themselves to my bandwidth?

My WaveLan Silver Turbo card can connect to my Nokia base station which
is using 128 bit WEP, I have tried it in my G4's Airport socket and it
worked fine after a reboot.

Please post back with more info/advice if you could. You sound as if
you are knowledgeable about this sort of thing. And it would be great
to put this to WEP or, not to WEP debate to rest once and for all.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki
United Kingdom, MP 2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html