Re: [NTLK] Newton as alarm clock

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 08:27:24 PST

* Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> [26 Jan 2004 02:20]:

> On Jan 26, 2004, at 2:02 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
>
> > I found the url for Adam Tow's Alarm Clock on his web site... Sorry for
> > creating a new thread for this...
> >
> > <http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml> Enjoy! :-) You might also
> Actually I think it's well worth it. Adam's alarm clock has gotten me
> out of a deep sleep more times then I can count. The power switch as
> snooze is brilliant also.
>
> Just be sure to quit the Alarm clock program after setting it and
> before going to sleep...
> Otherwise it doesn't ring (yikes).

There's also Roosta, by Deep Focus - not sure if they're still around, I
got that program way back when I first got my newt. No need to quit the
program to activate it - if the rooster is not in his egg he'll crow to
wake you up :-) Huge snooze button on the screen, quite suitable for
hitting with your finger while still mostly asleep. I think the power
button acts as a snooze button as well, but I don't usually use it,
since I rarely take advantage of the snooze function on any alarm clock.

Also has alarm settings "one day" (back in the egg after crowing once)
"weekdays" and "every day". It's very nice not having to remember to
shut off the alarm on weekends and turn it back on on monday.

Default alarm sound is a rooster crowing, getting progressively louder
until full volume, for a configurable time.

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project