Re: [NTLK] Newton as alarm clock

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 14:15:03 PST

I use Wake Up from the same people who make Dashboard.
What makes this nice is that tapping anywhere on the
screen starts the snooze. really handy in that groggy
morning haze...you don't need to find a small switch
to snooze...and I don't know about you, but if I don't
hit my snooze 4 or 5 times before waking up, I'm no
good for the rest of the day.
I've tried voice wake-up's, but with an accelerated
newt, it's like waking up to Micky Mouse every
morning...kinda scary...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2004, at 2:02 AM, Jon Glass wrote:
>
> > I found the url for Adam Tow's Alarm Clock on his
> web site... Sorry for
> > creating a new thread for this...
> >
> > <http://www.tow.com/software/newton.shtml> Enjoy!
> :-) You might also
> > want
> > to check out HyperNewt and other packages while
> you are there. ;-)
> > --
> Actually I think it's well worth it. Adam's alarm
> clock has gotten me
> out of a deep sleep more times then I can count. The
> power switch as
> snooze is brilliant also.
>
> Just be sure to quit the Alarm clock program after
> setting it and
> before going to sleep...
>
> Otherwise it doesn't ring (yikes).
>
> Definitely a must have on all my newtons.
>
> Marty
>
> PS I usually use the 2001 "I'm sorry Dave" sample as
> my alarm tone.

=====
In 1913, Lee De Forest was prosecuted by U.S. government officials
for claiming to potential investors that his company, RCA, would soon be
able to transmit the human voice over the Atlantic Ocean. The
prosecuting officials argued that his claim was so utterly ridiculous
that he was surely ripping off investors. He was ultimately released
but not before being admonished by the judge to stop making any more
fraudulent claims.