Re: [NTLK] o/t-network administration software

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 19:37:46 PST

mimi.cipollone_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> can anyone suggest names of remote admin network software that i can then
> research for poss purchase by our school
>
> we're getting really tired of going class to class installing software and
> fixing problems wi the setup or files
> let alone cleaning up histories when someone has strayed into xxx land, and
> trying to get rid of popups and spyware that creep through the firewall...
> for 70 or so computers,it's a big job

Mimi,

If you want, I would be willing to consult and see what you need and require
for your school. I tend to lean towards the free and open-source type of
software solutions instead of throwing money at the thing, and I don't do this
kind of thing for a living so I don't charge a lot (I'd probably have a
look-see and collect your requirements and write up a proposal for no fee).
Probably doing things on a tight budget would be important for a school.
Maybe you don't even need to purchase software, just some scripts and a few
tools which I could write and install.

If you want to pursue this and would like a copy of my resume or anything
else, let me know.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html