Re: [NTLK] MP 130 and OS 2.0

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 23:19:27 PST

on 1/27/04 12:27 AM, Anil at anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com wrote:

> Thanks Peter, but can anyone shed any light on what the differences
> actually are. Other than the revision numbers.
>
> I have bought a MP 130, which I should receive shortly, and thought of
> saving myself a lot of trouble trying to get it to be functionally the
> same as my MP 2100. If the OS version won't allow feature parity.

2.1 can run certain apps that 2.0 Newts cannot--for example, NewtWorks, NIE
2, including ethernet and TCP, and some other things... Those are the items
you would be concerned about, I suppose, oh, and a lot of the newer, fun
stuff, such as MP3 playback, oh, and 2.1 is greyscale, not simple black and
white. (16 shades of grey??? I never counted them) ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland