Re: [NTLK] Didn't Philips used to have a good relationship with Apple?

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 12:29:24 PST

        Jobs has repeatedly said that he sees no use for PDA's, and has been
quoted often on the subject, sometimes for publication. The last time
was when Apple was rumored to be considering a partnership with Palm.
I seem to remember the quote being "Who uses them at meetings anyway?"

On Wednesday, January 28, 2004, at 12:02 PM, Anil wrote:

<snip>

> Regarding Steve Jobs, I don't think Steve Jobs hates PDA's, and in my
> opinion he didn't axe Newton to get back at Sculley. I think he did it
> because Apple was in dire straits financially, and he wanted to focus
> all the companies efforts and resources into the product that would
> eventually save Apple from going under, namely the iMac.

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html