Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac (TAM advice)

From: Len Cole (leonard.cole_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:43:47 PST

As of 13 November 2003, XPostFacto 2.2.5 only works unreliably on 6400s. At any rate you'd only be able to install up to OS X 10.1.5, since Jaguar requires a G3 or better processor.

Also, XPostFacto 3.x.x right now will not install pre-Jaguar versions of OS X. And the last I heard, installing Panther on a Beige G3 was not an easy exercise, as well as there being lack of video card support.

Looks like Apple really cut off the older Macs with this release.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html