Re: [NTLK] Followup Gem Enterprises

From: Manuel Probsthain (manu_at_xonxion.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 17:00:22 PST

Frank Gruendel wrote:

>This statement reminds me a bit of German sex cinemas. In Germany
>it is illegal to show sex films publicly. This is why
>watching sex films isn't what you pay for when you visit such a
>cinema. You pay for the bottle of beer, wine or the soft drink.
>Watching the film is just an added bonus and has nothing whatsoever
>to do with what is sold. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, 10-15 Euros for the first drink (like a glass of water but you
better always take the most expensive drink)... ;-)

>I am aware that you mentioned that adding links to auction texts is
>forbidden by eBay. Frankly, this puzzles me quite a lot. All of
>the more than 200 eBay auctions that I was the seller in had a link
>to a picture that lived on my web site in them. I very frequently
>add links to my auction texts that link to handbooks, operators
>manuals, reviews, larger images etc., and so far eBay hasn't pulled
>a single of these auctions. Admittedly this was mostly eBay.de,
>and my last auction was some time ago. But I'm still seeing
>these links all over the place no matter what eBay branch I'm
>currently in.

[snip-snap]

>If it is in fact not possible to put a direct link into your auction
>texts, I would like you to take this out of your ads. But, again,
>I do not object per se to your using this info. If it can boost your
>sales, it's fine with me. Many eBay sellers do this, I can see it
>every day in my site's statistics. And there's certainly no need
>for your stopping to link anyone to my site. My feeling is that you
>said that you can't do this because if you did eBay would pull
>your auction. If I'm mistaken, you are welcome to put as many links to
>my site as you want into any of your auction texts.

As I'm currently searching memory and ethernet cards for my new eMate
(thx Frank) I've stumbled across more and more auctions at eBay Germany
that don't include links to manuals, references or drivers. So it could
be possible that eBay is lately more aggressive when it comes to links
in auction texts.
These are my observations and they could be wrong... :-)

>Frank
>
>-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

Please visit Frank's site so his stats show more real visitors and not
so many eBay & search engine requests. ;-)

Greets,
Manu

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html