[NTLK] Beaming 101

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 07:05:20 PST

Hi All:

Last weekend, I decided to conduct a "science experiment" with two 2X00s.
I had never used the IrDA thing to beam a note, so I set up my Newton 2100
next to my girlfriend's Newton 2000 (upgraded to 2100). It only took us a
minute or two to figure out the procedure. Then, I had a thought, "Could programs
be shared amongst other Newton devices?" Amazingly, the answer was yes! I
selected an icon of a freeware game (the PT boat / submarine torpedo game) from
one unit and beamed it to the other. Voila! This technique could come in
handy, in cases where one has lost the original software for installed programs,
or when one has multiple Newtons.

The question remains, can programs be saved directly onto my home desktop pc?
Is that automatically taken care of when I conduct a backup? Inquiring minds
would like to know.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html