[NTLK] A Question about Screen sensitivity or wear-n-tear...

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 11:00:31 PST

I'm used to my MP 130, which I bought a few months ago still sealed in the
box from Apple, I almost feel ashamed to have opened it - mush less use it.
Anyway, it takes almost no pressure at all to write on it. My 2100, which
was previously owned by Gerry Garcia's manager has probably seen lots of
use, although it looks pristine - no marks/scratches/worn
latches-catches/etc. but there seems to be a "dead" spot. It's not really
dead per se, but it takes considerable pressure for it to register my
intentions. Also, If I start writing in the good area and then make it to
this spot it seems to work at the same pressure level, but if I begin there
nothing happens. If I start to write in the dead spot I have to press rather
hard for it to register.

Is this a sign it's starting to wear down? Is it possible that some screens
have a "dead" spot? Can it be repaired? Help me!

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html