Re: [NTLK] So where to (re)start?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 12:56:27 PST

on 1/29/04 7:08 PM, Peter H. Coffin at hellsop_at_ninehells.com wrote:

> If there's vents in the top someplace. Many of the older PBs didn't have
> vents or fans, so heat isn't a big issue; closing the cover didn't
> affect much. Also, setting the processor to allow cycling down to a
> minimum and letting the hard drive spin down keeps things VERY cool.

Duos can handle this... Think dock. :-) Actually, you can boot them closed,
but you cannot close them and keep them awake. The PB 1400, stock, has no
video output, and is quite limited. It doesn't like closing awake, nor
booting. I don't know about the Pismo, not having tried booting it closed,
but it also doesn't close without going to sleep... Of course, I would be
happy to stand corrected on all this... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland