Re: [NTLK] So where to (re)start?

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 13:37:43 PST

Newtopia - Exactly correct - thank-you!

>Sorry! So you want to have the PB connected via ethernet to your LAN and
have it running NCU, so you can dock with it from Newt?

Newtopia - is there some OS that I should be weary of, some better than
others, etc.?

Keep in mind then that MOST 5300's and 1400's don't have ethernet built
in(some do), so you might need to add a PCMCIA based ethernet card(not
as many of these available as on PC). Again on general principal I
would recommend at least looking at the roundy ibooks, since I think
the price difference shouldn't be that great?

Newtopia - much more helpful, thanks

Hope this is more helpful...

Marty

Newtopia - the space that I have to install a machine is very limited.

PS Why do you need it to be a laptop at all? The performa 475 is an
excellent super compact mac that can have ethernet added...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html