Re: [NTLK] How do I kill (delete) the dancing baby?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 10:59:31 PST

>First, a "Thank You" to Dan, for suggesting that I investigate the "Newton
>Press" program as a means for importing graphics onto my Newton. From what
>can tell so far, importing .bmp graphics requires careful consideration to
the
>original image (especially in the case of manipulating the original image
in
>Photoshop).

You are welcome and are quite correct. You need to make the image the right
size and needs to be plain black and white or 16 shades of grey if you want
to only have the image viewable on a MP2000/2100/emate. I have not done
this for a while so I don't remember the exact pixel size that press likes,
and that changes depending on the version you are doing (classic, 2000
portrait, 2000 landscape, universal, etc.).

As for your baby problem Peter is right, however some package "lock" the bar
so you can't do that without disabling that package first. For example
Guesture Launch does this and if you use that you will have to freeze it
first (the package named Barkeep:ICS). So if you can't easily drag the icon
from the bar then delete it, you need to find the package that is "locking"
the bar.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html