Re: [NTLK] Connector J6 Pin Description

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 15:21:42 PST

Aux environs du 31/01/04 ā 1:08 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Connector J6 Pin Description", Eckhart Köppen prit sa plus belle
plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Found that one, it matches pretty much what I was able to figure out
>myself so far and has also the information for channel 3. That's the
>one I actually want to use, not channel 0 (so I don't block the
>external port). I certainly need CMOS level and also the 3.3V line.

Great. Maybe you could summarize that within the Bowels project? :)

> > Channel 2 is limited to 19.2 Kbits/s and Channel 3 to 38.4Kbits/s
>
>Hmmm. That's not good. Do you know what's the reason for the
>limitation? Does the LTC1323 provide the clock for channel 0 which
>channel 3 doesn't have?

No idea. I guess it's a limitation of the Voyager chipset.
Except that only channel 0 (originally LocalTalk), 1 (infra-red) and
3 (modem) are handled by the DMA subsystem. And 3 is handled at the
lowest priority. Channel 2 was originally planned for the keyboard.

However, you can use the (slower) channels 2 or 3 to enable the
BlueTooth module (and disable the external serial port). You could
also provide an external plug like SER-001 but plugged to channel 2
for a keyboard.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/